The Edmondson Blog


London's Transport Plans

A lot of my learned readers ask me what I do for a living, which I always find difficult to answer (NOT because I don't to very much). Rather than saying I'm the strategy development manager in the policy, strategy and best practice unit working within group procurement at Transport for London, I always say something along the lines of I help the procurement gents do their jobs to the best of their abilities by looking at best practice and making it count.

Currently, I'm helping put in place a series of sustainable procurement policies that the Mayor wants implementing. To do this, we're looking at how we can influence the major projects on the horizon, such as the East London Line Extension, which is now underway.

I've just found out about this website which lists all the major projects both proposed and underway within TfL. If you're interested in the future of public transport in London, I suggest you read it. This map of how the tube will look in 2016 is also fascinating.

0 Responses to “London's Transport Plans”

Post a Comment



© 2007 The Edmondson Blog