The Edmondson Blog


The Wit of the Next London Mayor, Boris Johnson

On using a mobile phone while driving, August 2002
I don't believe that is necessarily any more dangerous than the many other risky things that people do with their free hands while driving - nose-picking, reading the paper, studying the A-Z, beating the children, and so on.


On commuting, 3 July 2003
"I forgot that to rely on a train, in Blair's Britain, is to engage in a crapshoot with the devil."


On the Hutton Report, January 2004
"As snow-jobs go, this beats the Himalayas."


June 2004
"My chances of being PM are about as good as the chances of finding Elvis on Mars, or my being reincarnated as an olive."


On being sacked by Michael Howard, December 2004.
"My friends, as I have discovered myself, there are no disasters, only opportunities. And, indeed, opportunities for fresh disasters."


On how to vote, October 2005
"Voting Tory will cause your wife to have bigger breasts and increase your chances of owning a BMW M3."


On why he was voting for Cameron as leader, October 2005
"I'm backing David Cameron's campaign out of pure, cynical self-interest."


On drugs, October 2005
"I think I was once given cocaine but I sneezed so it didn't go up my nose. In fact, it may have been icing sugar."


On Portsmouth, April 2007
"Too full of drugs, obesity, underachievement and Labour MPs."

0 Responses to “The Wit of the Next London Mayor, Boris Johnson”

Post a Comment



© 2007 The Edmondson Blog