The Edmondson Blog



Saturday.

Dear James,

How are you, my darling?

Lots of excitement here. The other day I popped into our local Christian book shop and saw a Honk if you love Jesus bumper sticker.

I was feeling particularly adventurous that day because I had just come from a thrilling choir practice, followed by a thunderous prayer meeting. So, I bought the sticker and put it on my bumper.
Goodness! I am glad I did; what an uplifting experience that followed.

I was stopped at traffic lights at the busy junction in the village, just lost in thought about the Lord and how good he is, and I didn't notice that the lights had changed.

It is a good thing someone else loves Jesus because if he hadn't honked, I'd never have noticed - and I'd never of realised how many people love Jesus!

While I was sitting there, the gentleman behind started honking and then he leaned out of his window and shouted "For the love of God! Go! Go! Go! For Christ's sake, GO!'

I must say, what an exuberant evangelist he was for the Lord!

Everyone started honking!

I just leaned out my window and started waving and smiling at all those loving people.

I even honked my horn a few times to share in the joy!

There must have been a gentleman from the seaside in the queue behind me as I heard him shouting something about a sunny beach.

I saw another gentleman waving in a funny way with only his middle finger stuck up in the air.

I asked Uncle Max what he thought that meant.

He said it was probably am oriental good luck sign or something.

Well, I have never met anyone from the Orient so I leaned out the window and gave him the good luck sign back.

I'm not sure why, but Uncle Max burst out laughing - why, even he was enjoying this religious experience!

A couple of the people were so caught up in the joy of the moment that they got out of their cars and started walking towards me.

I expect they wanted to pray or ask what church I attended, but this is when I noticed the light had changed.

So, grinning, I waved at all my brothers and sisters, and drove off.

I noticed that I was the only car that got through the traffic lights before they changed again and I felt sad that I had to leave them after all the love we had shared.

So I slowed the car down, leaned out the window and gave them all the oriental good luck sign one last time as I drove away. Praise the Lord for such wonderful people!

Will write again soon,

Lots of love


Aunt La La.

0 Responses to “”

Post a Comment



© 2007 The Edmondson Blog