The Edmondson Blog


Meanwhile, As The Rector Was Saying In His Sermon...

Our rector was coming to the end of one of his Fire and Brimstone sermons. With great emphasis he said, "If I had all the beer in the world, I'd take it and pour it into the river."

With even greater emphasis, he continued, "And if I had all the wine in the world, I'd take it and pour it into the river."

And then finally, shaking his fist in the air, he said, "And if I had all the whisky in the world, I'd take it and pour it into the river."

With his sermon still ringing in the congregation's ears, he swept from the pulpit.

The curate stood very cautiously and announced, "To close, let us sing together hymn number 365, Shall We Gather at the River."

0 Responses to “Meanwhile, As The Rector Was Saying In His Sermon...”

Post a Comment



© 2007 The Edmondson Blog