The Edmondson Blog


Meanwhile, Round Our Neighbours' ...

We were invited to supper at our neighbours' house.

A charming elderly couple were also there. I was impressed by the way the elderly lady preceded every request to her husband with endearing terms such as: Honey, My Love, Darling, Sweetheart, Pumpkin, etc. The couple had been married almost 70 years and, clearly, they were still very much in love.

While the husband was out of the room I took the opportunity to lean over to the elderly lady and say, "I think it's wonderful that, after all these years, you still call your husband all those loving pet names."

The elderly lady hung her head. "I have to tell you the truth," she said, "His name slipped my mind about ten years ago, and I'm scared to death to ask the cranky old arsehole what it is."

0 Responses to “Meanwhile, Round Our Neighbours' ...”

Post a Comment



© 2007 The Edmondson Blog