The Edmondson Blog


Never Fib To Your Mum

Brian's mum was visiting him at uni and he invited her to stay for supper with him and his roommate. During the course of the meal, Brian's mum couldn't help but notice how beautiful Brian's roommate, Jennifer, was. Brian assured his mum that he had a totally platonic relationship with Jennifer and scoffed at the idea that there might be something more going on. Mum was not so sure.

Over the course of the evening, while watching the two interact, she started to wonder if there was more between Brian and Jennifer than met the eye.

Reading his mum's thoughts, Brian volunteered, "I know what you must be thinking, but I assure you Jennifer and I are just roommates."

About a week later, Jennifer came to Brian saying, "Ever since your mother came to supper, I've been unable to find all the teaspoons. You don't suppose your mum took them, do you?"

Brian said, "Well, I doubt it, but I'll send her an e-mail just to be sure. So he sat down and wrote:

Dear Mum,

I'm not saying that you did take our teaspoons, I'm not saying that you did not take our teaspoons. But the fact remains that our teaspoons have been missing ever since you were here for supper.

Love, Brian

Several days later, Brian received an email back from his mum that read:

Dear Brian,

I'm not saying that you do sleep with Jennifer, I'm not saying that you do not sleep with Jennifer. But the fact remains that if Jennifer is sleeping in her own bed, she would have found the teaspoons by now.

Love, Mum

Lesson of the day: never fib to your mum!

0 Responses to “Never Fib To Your Mum”

Post a Comment



© 2007 The Edmondson Blog